Thursday, August 03, 2006

"It's Five O'Clock Somewhere"- Jimmy Buffett
I spent the majority of the day at the beach in Portsmouth, a short walk from Natalie's campus. It was very relaxing. The weather was gorgeous today; it was very sunny, the sky was a deep blue that you do not see in the U.S., and there was a comforting breeze off the Caribbean. If you have never seen the Caribbean in person, you can not believe how blue the water is. I was one of three people on this beach, it definitely had the makings of a Jimmy Buffett song. The Portsmouth Beach Hotel restaurant and bar is located on the beach, which provided a nice respite from the sun.
Natalie has her first of nine tests tomorrow. We have not seen a lot of each other, but it is comforting knowing that she is sleeping next to me (it's almost like we are married again!).
My in-laws (Kevin, Terri, Bob, and Sylvia) are in Chicago for an insurance convention. They attended a Cubs' game at Wrigley Field today. So, I have been quite jealous. My favorite player of all-time, Mark Grace, sang "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" during the 7th Inning Stretch. It has been too long since I visited the "Friendly Confines." Ironically, I had tickets for the 2003 NLCS Game 6 (the "Bartman Game"), but was unable to go because of work. It was probably for the best because I would have killed that dude! It is going to be a VERY special day when the Cubs bring the World Series back to the north-side. I just hope I live long enough to see it!
You guys mash some Chicago pizza pie (with fresh garlic, sausage, onions, and peppers) and a foot-long hot dog (with chili, cheese, peppers, onions, relish, and mustard) for me.

JT

R.I.P. KEVIN BROPHY #3. I LOVE YOU, BROPH. SEE YOU WHEN I GET THERE. "NO WORRIES."

No comments: