Thursday, June 08, 2006


I really don't think life is about the I-could-have-beens. Life is only about the I-tried-to-do. I don't mind the failure but I can't imagine that I'd forgive myself if I didn't try.More Nikki Giovanni


Nothing More
Often, I write all day long with white ink on white paper, late into the night, until it is all I can do to feel the letters curving to earth from the tip of the pen & then, I fall asleep. Dreaming of running, or maybe driving in a car the color of water & I wake the next day remembering nothing & I gather the stack of paper & a pen of black on the desk in front of me & the words begin to dance over the page like long legged insects across a still lake & the words in white whisper behind & underneath the new day. If there is any secret to this life I live, this is it: the sound of what cannot be seen sings within everything that can. & there is nothing more to it than that. (from
www.storypeople.com)


The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing... not healing, not curing... that is a friend who cares.
Henri Nouwen

Sorry for the quotes...I am in a mood. A mood that has brought me to the point that I know I can miss my husband and friends and family....but also to a point that I have come to realize that other people are given to us for a reason....whether comic relief, a simple lesson, study help, laughter, or for the 'long haul'. And because of these people, I will be better and stronger and happier....I can trust people even when I feel like I can't. Having friends here is hard because you don't know who to trust. But I have learned that people will hurt you, no matter who they are...That is who we are as people. But without giving someone, giving life a chance, we will never really know what benefit and blessing that person, and in turn, that pain could give us.

Also, You know what I am coming to realize...I guess I already knew it but laying here alone at one thirty studying biochem ( Yeah the one oclock thing induces rambling...) and thinking about everything....I guess that everyone is always just doing the best they can. And what you don't say really speaks louder than what you do. And simply knowing that someone is there and will be there or even has the potential to be there for you is comforting. And if you let people in and let them break down your walls or at least take down a block or two, you might be surprised when they say,"Oh you tooo...I thought I was the only one lonely here..."


Anways, that is my ramble. I am sorry it is not put together...I am really tired but have an exam Monday...Still waiting on pictures. Love you all! ~Nat

No comments: