Sunday, May 14, 2006




Calculated Risks

Are we your real children? they said & I said we had our pick of all the children in the world & we took a few home to try out & though we tried to return them later, it was more trouble than it was worth, so we kept them & loved them & taught them all the stuff they'd need to know when it came time for them to choose, so they wouldn't make the same mistakes we did & later I heard one of them say they didn't know about being a parent if it was as risky as all that.


No Regret

I sometimes wake in the early morning & listen to the soft breathing of my children & I think to myself, this is one thing I will never regret & I carry that quiet with me all day long.

A to Z

My mother always told me to finish what I started, but she had no idea of some of the people I'd be dealing with.

Clean Underwear

Make sure you got clean underwear, she always said, in case you get in an accident & I always figured that'd be the least of my worries, but now I'm older & I see there's a lot you can't control & some you can control & clean underwear is one of those you can. For the most part.
(All from
www.storypeople.com)

Happy Mother's Day

I obviously could not choose between the above stories, so I put them all. They are in tribute to all the mothers in my life: my mother, who I miss so dearly today that thinking about it brings tears to my eyes; to Terri, my dad's wife; to Sharon, my mother-in-law who is so special; to Marilyn, who will always be a mother to me; to Melinda, my eternal babysitter; to Grandma Morris and Boshie, and Mamaw, and my cousin Brandie who just delivered her daughter yesterday, and all my friends with kids...Emily, Yvette, Kristy, Marcie....To all the 'mothers' in my life, Happy Mother's Day. I wish I were there, trust me.....I wish I were there. It is hard being away today. I guess it is hard everyday, but I will get through it. I do have things to look forward to, like JT coming in July. I can't wait for that. I want to do so well and make everyone proud. However, being here is so lonely, especially on Mother's Day.

Moving onward and upward to happier things, aren't the pictures above wonderful. Kim is such a great photographer, but she does not like to hear it. The pictures are from Tommy and Jeanette's (our landlords) garden. I think they are great. Well I might TRY to study. However, I might just chalk today up to no work and make it up this week. I guess we are all allowed one of these days. I love you all. And again, Happy Mother's Day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice words. If the Lord had blessed me with a daughter I would have wanted her to be just like you! But since I didn't get a daughter He gave me great daughters-in-law! I can't imagine how lonley it would be to be there alone, but remember your're always in our prayers and I'm sure the rest of your family is just as proud of you as I am. I love you. Have a great week.
Sharon

Anonymous said...

I know from speaking to you yesterday we were both having a difficult time. As you Mother, I am blessed to know that my daughter would love to spend Mother's Day with me. God blessed me with the greatest gift when he gave me you and Gretchen. You are in my heart and thoughts all the time. You have so much love and kindness to offer so many. Always share it the way you do. You touch so many lives and do not realize it. I love you dearly and again I am proud you are my daughter.

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»